Hollowcore is a prestressed concrete product, typically used for structural and roofing applications. Although primarily used for these purposes, hollowcore is also produced as wall panels for industrial and commercial projects. Our hollowcore slabs range in thickness from 4” to 16” and can be produced in different shapes and carry openings for plumbing, electrical and air conditioning conduits, allowing for great versatility.
- Hollowcore can span long areas thus allowing for less use of supporting beams and columns.
- Once secured, the hollowcore slabs become a working surface for other trades.
- Hollowcore slabs are manufactured with continuous openings/voids to reduce weight and costs but may also be used for electrical and mechanical runs.
- Quick installation requiring on average 10-15 minutes to complete installation.
- Offers good sound dissipation.
- Hollowcore is fire resistant. The fire rating of hollowcore slabs saves on insurance.
- Like precast concrete, hollowcore is cooler than conventional concrete. Cooler Buildings = reduced energy costs = SAVINGS!!